I have a rash covering the exact area where my scrotum touches the inside of my thigh, could it be anything other than chafing?

- the rash is extremely itchy
- there is a distinct border between the rash and unaffected skin
- it's icky and ugly and I want it to go away.
- there is no chance it is an STD/ STI

What could it be? how do I fix it?

edit: also I'm not sure but I think around the time the rash started, my scrotum tightened

Write Answer

Health Care

2 Answers
1 people found this helpful

It could be just a simple sweat rash /chafing caused by the hot weather we've been having lately, and you can treat that with some baby powder to keep the area dry / washing more frequently.

But it also could be tinea cruris (jock itch), which is a fungal infection and requires topical antifungals.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
1 people found this helpful

thank you very much.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
About HealthExamine
HealthExamine is a community dedicated to health care question and answers. The statements made on HealthExamine are not a substitute for medical care. If you have a medical emergency or your condition worsens, seek medical attention immediately.